Friday 20 September 2019

AGPs

I have no idea when I last saw an AMERICAN GOLDEN PLOVER, but it's been years. Two have been present at Lunt Meadows, just up the road in South Lancashire, for the last few days, so I made the short trip  over a sunny Friday as it neatly tied in with a work commitment. This was my first visit to the area since we were working on the adjacent ill-fated Lower Alt wind farm some years ago, at which time work on the reserve had just begun. It's since matured into a fantastic wetland, the sort of place I'd love as a patch.

The two AGPs were immediately on view on the Pump House Pool, and very lovely they were too. A couple of Ruff were also present amongst the perhaps 2,000 Lapwing. We were short of time so only stayed half an hour or so, but I'd like to wander around the reserve at a more leisurely pace soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment