Saturday 11 September 2021

Green Day, 10th September

Following yesterday's dip and lack of sleep, I half-woke around 8am then groggily looked at the phone. Green Warbler, still present. Oh FFS. Karen encouraged me to go and I now thank her for that. I was tempted to stick my head in the sand. I drove to Malcs for 9.15 and he kindly took the wheel given my fatigued state. I wasn't relishing more of the same as yesterday's grim experience. 

We arrived just before noon and walked the clifftop. LGRE passed us coming the other way and cheerfully stated 'it's no better than yesterday'. Not that I expected anything remotely positive from Lee.

It had showed infrequently in the bushes viewed from the south of the Dell, but hadn't been seen for a couple of hours. We joined a modest crowd and set-up scopes on the tiny crab apple it had appeared in  a few times before.

Fifteen minutes later it appeared and showed well for maybe 30 seconds. We then had another two similarly lengthed views before moving to view along the ringing ride where it showed much closer for about 15 seconds or so. Job done GREEN WARBLER OML (559). 

Time to head home for Callum's football match. 

At last. The rather lovely Green Warbler (Paul Coombes image).

The Dell. It's in the dark bit in the middle. Honest.

Idiots....

No comments:

Post a Comment