Monday 13 June 2022

Whixhall Moss 12th June 2022

A rare day off birds and concentrating on Odanata. Clearly not my strong point, but I've been a few times to the lovely Whixhall in search of one particular species and failed; White-faced Darter had always eluded me, although I never managed to get there within the optimum flight period for them, or in decent conditions. I had decided to make the effort this year within the short window of opportunity, and today was the day even if it was windier than I would have liked.

Whilst I knew the general preferred area, I initially struggled to find any dragons but with patience and a little bit of help from Twitter I eventually found myself at the correct spot. After that it took minutes, and I really enjoyed myself watching and attempting to photograph these rather stunning insects. The photos leave a bit to be desired, but will do for now. I'll hopefully return next year.












No comments:

Post a Comment