Tuesday 23 May 2023

Hale Temminck's Stint, 22nd May 2023

Temminck's Stint is less than annual in the north-west and I'd not seen on for perhaps 15 years before my trip to Scotland last week. Whilst I was in Aberdeenshire one appeared locally at Carr Lane Pools Hale and no doubt I'd have gone to see it if I'd been around. Today another was found in the same spot, and two more had been seen in the region marking what constitutes a local influx of sorts.

I had to call up to the office this evening, which is only 15 minutes from Carr Lane, so worth a look at another one of these cracking tiny waders. Surprisingly, and happily, there was no-one else there as I arrived. The bird was quite close and the views were excellent in the evening light, but the strong wind made photographing it near impossible. And cold.






No comments:

Post a Comment